Create a realistic fabric portrait even if you don't know how to draw.
This course is open for registration now.
The course starts Monday, February 6, 2023
Access the course materials at your convenience!
Imagine how wonderful it would feel to be able to create a fabric portrait. One you would be proud to display on your wall or give to a special someone to honour a memory.
Gain the skills to be able to choose a favourite photo and recreate it in a realistic portrait.
Discover how to capture the character of a loved one in fabric. Find out the secrets of how to go from photo to finished portrait.
Get this proven method so you can create your family heirloom!
Discover how to:
Choose an appropriate photo so that you don't have to struggle when creating a fabric portrait.
Develop a pattern from your photo so that you have a plan for creating your portrait.
Use values effectively in a portrait so that the value placement creates form and realism. A clear understanding of value is essential to creating a dynamic fabric portrait.
Select appropriate fabrics so that fabric selection is stress-free.
Place the chosen fabrics so that you create depth and realism.
Add detail with thread to bring your portrait to life.
Quilt your portrait in such a way that you add further dimension and your personal touch.
All from the comfort of your own home with the bonus of a friendly support group.
What you get in the workshop
• Comprehensive manual with detailed photos, so that you can see the steps described. Downloadable for those who prefer to print a paper copy.
• Video lessons for those who prefer to see the action. Great to use with the notes for a great learning experience. Available to be viewed on any device! Watch them at any time.
• Instant access to a members-only community so that you can ask questions, get support and share with people who are on the same journey as you.
• Personal 1:1 instruction from Valerie so that you’re held accountable and achieve the portrait you’ve always wanted faster.
• Resource photos so you can see the details of stitching and fabric placement in a variety of fabric portraits . • The ability to work at your own pace.
• Lifetimeaccess to all course materials so you can review the materials at any time.
• A realistic fabric portrait of your design that you will be proud to display or give as a special gift.
Bonus - 2 mini-courses included!
1. Posterizing your Photograph
2. The Eyes Have It
PDF on Choosing a Good Photograph
PDF on Achieving Accurate Shading of a Face
Three specific features that I enjoyed about this course were: - the Live sessions - the ability to see others work and - to hear how they overcame some of the issues they were having. I would recommend this course because you get to work at your own speed. You have access to a great instructor and you end up with a finished project that you can be proud of. It doesn't end up being a UFO that sits unfinished for whatever reason!
The videos in the course are a great help to explain the methodology and the PDF files helped when I just wanted to look up some small thing. So you read the files and watch the videos and start! I would recommend this course to anyone who is passionate about fabric and art. It put me on another level. It helped me to realize that I can be an artist.
As your coach and instructor, I'll work together with you to tackle any challenges.
You can check in daily with any questions, and every two weeks we'll get together on a Live call.
I've been creating fabric portraits since 2006 and helping people just like you learn this amazing technique.